This English lesson is for you if:
The package includes:
- English Lesson for beginners. (.pdf) – 10 pages
- Answer Sheet (.pdf)
- audio file (.mp3) – female voice
About the lesson (plan)
- Target English Grammar: There is/ There are
- Target Vocabulary: My Home – rooms and furniture
Presentation: (page 2, and 3)
- 1. Listen to Michelle’s story and fill in the blanks.
(Listening comprehension exercise. Introducing new grammar, and focus vocabulary.)
- 2. Mark the sentences T for true, and F for false.
(Questions related to the previous exercise.)
- 3. Connect the pictures with the rooms and fill in the blanks in the sentences below.
Practice: (page 6, 7, 8)
- 1. Look at the picture. Write the words in the box below. Fill in the blanks using: there is/ there are or is there/ are there.
(Vocabulary/ Grammar exercise)
- 2. Circle the words from the pictures, and answer the questions. (Short answers.).
(Vocabulary/ Grammar exercise.)
- 3. What is there in your room? Read in pairs and fill in the blanks. Use: Yes, there is. / Yes, there are./ Is there? / Are there? / No, there isn’t. / No, there aren’t.
(Pair work – asking questions with there is/ there are and describing students’ rooms.)
Production (classroom activities – page 9) – 2 assignments,talking about current/ dream home.
Credits (page 10)