This English lesson is for you if:
The package includes:
- English Lesson for beginners. (.pdf) – 11 pages
- Answer Sheet (.pdf)
- audio file (.mp3) – female voice (native British speaker)
About the lesson (plan)
- Target English Grammar: Tenses For Future Actions (Present Continuous, Future Simple, going to + inf)
Please note, this is a Grammar Review Lesson – students must be familiar with these tenses before this lesson!
- Target Vocabulary: Accepting / Rejecting Invitations and Special Events in English.
Presentation: (page 2, 3, 4)
- 1. Look at the three invitations. Discuss them.
- 2. Listen to the text. Fill in the blanks.
- 3. Answer the following questions.
3 invitations for three different events – a wedding, a birthday party, and a movie. The discussion is focused on what the events are, who is invited, and what you should wear.
(talking exercise/ focus on target vocabulary.)
Tell about Sabrina’s birthday invitation she sent to a friend, and what her friend is going to do before the party.
(Listening comprehension exercise that targets focus vocabulary.)
(Tests how well the text in the previous exercise was understood. )
Practice: (pages 7, 8, 9)
- 1. Finish the sentences. Use can’t / busy / great / sure/ next time / I’d love to / my pleasure
- 2. Change the verb tense from Future Simple to Present Continuous and Going to + infinitive. Discuss how the meaning changes.
- 3. Fill in the blanks with the correct tense of the verb.
(Focus vocabulary / grammar exercise)
( Grammar exercise.)
(Reading/ grammar exercise. Focus vocabulary included. )
Production (classroom activities – page 3) – 3 assignments: pair work, role play, and a reject-an-invitation activity
Credits (page 11)