This English lesson is for you if:
About the lesson:
- Lesson Goals: At the end of this lesson, students will become familiar with the usage of would for talking about past habits, and describing people.
- Focus English Grammar: Would for Past Habits
- Target Vocabulary: Describing people
The package includes:
- ESL/ EFL English lesson for upper intermediate level (B2) (.pdf): 8 pages (including cover page, as well as credits page)
- Answer Sheet (.pdf) – 4 pages
- audio file (.mp3) – female voice
Presentation: (pages 2, 3)
- What qualities/ qualifications do you need to have to become a:
– world renowned pianist
– prime minister
– social worker
(Work with a partner exercise: brainstorming target vocabulary.)
- Listen to the text. Fill in the blanks.
(Listening comprehension exercise. The text tells the story of Kathy, who suffered from anorexia, but is now recovering.)
- Now read the text (above). Answer the questions.
(After filling the blanks, the text is read again to check how well main points in the text were understood.)
Practice:(pages 5, 6)
- Read the text. Underline the use of would for past habits.
(Grammar practice exercise.)
- Transform the word in brackets into the correct form (noun, verb, adverb, adjective), and fill in the blanks.
(vocabulary used to describe people’s actions, habits, personalities)
- Complete the sentences with the idioms from the box.
(Reinforce vocabulary using idioms to describe people. )