This English lesson is for you if:
About the lesson:
- Lesson Goals: This English lesson presents modals (have to) – how to form it, use it and what it means.
- English Grammar: Modals – Have to
- Target Vocabulary: daily activities (at work, at home, outside)
The package includes:
- English lesson for lower intermediate level (A2) (.pdf) – 10 pages
- Answer Sheet (.pdf) – 4 pages
- audio file (.mp3) – male voice
Presentation: (pages 2, 3)
- 1. Listen to Aaron’s story and fill in the blanks.
- 2. Mark the statements T for true, F for false.
- 3. Connect the activities with the pictures (vocabulary exercise).
(Listening comprehension exercise. Tells Aaron’s story whose car broke, and now he has to use the bus to get to work. Aaron doesn’t like buses. Is this Aaron’s lucky day?)
(This exercise checks how well the information from the previous exercise was understood.)
Practice:(pages 6, 7, 8)
- 1. Make positive if negative or negative if positive.
- 2. Correct the mistakes in the sentences.
- 3. Make questions.
8 sentences – some positive, some negative. The goal is to make the positive sentences negative, and the negative sentences positive. (Grammar practice exercise.)
(Grammar practice exercise. For example: “I has to be there at 5p.m.”)
(Grammar practice exercise. )
Production (page 9) – 3 assignments. Work in pairs, a to-do-list to practice focus vocabulary, and a report
Credits (page 10)